The Kavli Asian Winter School (KAWS) on Strings, Particles and Cosmology is a pan-Asian collaborative effort of high energy theorists from China, India, Japan and Korea to give young researchers in Asia an opportunity to come together and learn about the latest developments in high energy theory, from leading experts on the subject.
The Kavli Asian Winter School (KAWS 2022) will focus on the following topics (lecturers in parentheses)
1. Black hole information paradox (Juan Maldacena (Institute for Advanced Study, USA))
2. Conformal and S-matrix Bootstrap (Simon Caron-huot (McGill University, Canada))
3. QFT/CFT in condensed matter physics (Dam Thanh Son (University of Chicago, USA))
4. The Gravitational S-Matrix (Shiraz Minwalla (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India))
5. Machine Learning (Yang-Hui He (LIMS, Royal Institution, UK))
6. Holography, CFT, entanglement (Tom Hartman (Cornell University, USA))
7. Tensionless AdS/CFT (Matthias Gaberdiel (ETH Zurich, Switzerland))
8. Dark matter, search for new physics (Surjeet Rajendran (Johns Hopkins University, USA))
This school is aimed towards advanced graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and active researchers in the field. This is the 16th in a series of Asian Winter Schools that have been organized on a rotating basis between China, Japan, Korea and India. We welcome students from all of these participating countries as well as students from outside.
The previous Asian Winter Schools in this series have provided young researchers with opportunity for discussions with leading experts in different areas and also for initiating collaboration with other young researchers belonging to different countries participating in the activity. We hope the 2022 School will continue this tradition.
- Bin Chen (Peking University)
- Atish Dabholkar (International Centre for Theoretical Physics)
- Rajesh Gopakumar (International Centre for Theoretical Sciences)
- Koji Hashimoto (Osaka University)
- Yoshihisa Kitazawa (KEK)
- Bum-Hoon Lee (Sogang University)
- Kimyeong Lee (Korea Institute for Advanced Study)
- Miao Li (Institute of Theoretical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences & Sun Yat-Sen University)
- JianXin Lu (University of Science and Technology of China)
- Soonkeon Nam (Kyung Hee University)
- Hirosi Ooguri (Caltech & Kavli IPMU)
- Ashoke Sen (International Centre for Theoretical Sciences)
- Sang-Jin Sin (Hanyang University)
- George Thompson (International Centre for Theoretical Physics)
- Spenta R. Wadia (International Centre for Theoretical Sciences)
- David Gross (Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics)
- Andrew Strominger (Harvard University)
- Hirotaka Sugawara (Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology)
- Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard University)
Eligibility Criteria: We seek applications from advanced graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and active researchers in the field.