Area of Research: String Theory, Black Hole Physics and Quantum Field Theory
+91 80 4653 6320
Research interests: String theory, Black hole physics and Quantum field theory with a focus on real time, finite temperature quantum field theory.
- [Open Quantum Systems]: with Manas Kulkarni (Jan-May 2017)
Reading Courses :
- [Classical Gauge Theory] : Reading course (Aug-Dec 2017)
- [Perturbative String Theory] : Reading course (Aug-Dec 2016, Jan-May 2017)
- [Group Theory (Solid state physics oriented)] : Reading course (Aug-Dec 2016)
Education and Employment:
- Faculty (Reader) (2015 Oct -- Present) : International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru, India.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2013 Sep -- 2016 May) : Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, U.S.A.
- Junior Fellow (2010 Sep -- 2013 May) : Harvard Society of Fellows, Harvard University, Cambridge, U.S.A..
- Ph.D. (2006 Aug -- 2010 May) : Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India. Advisor: Prof. Shiraz Minwalla.
- Master of Science in Physics (2001 Aug -- 2006 May) : Integrated five year programme, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur, India.
Talks online :