This program will be organized as an advanced discussion workshop on some topical issues in nonequilibrium statstical physics. The aim of the program is to bring together active researchers to discuss outstanding problems. The main areas of focus in the workshop will be
- Heat and particle transport in low dimensional systems.
- Large deviation functions and fluctuations in non-equilibrium systems.
- Localization and thermalization.
The workshop also aims to bring together researchers from diverse areas in statistical physics so as to initiate exchange of ideas and generate collaborations among them.
The program will consist of short lectures by invited participants on the first day of each week and the rest of the time will be available for discussions. There will also be some pedagogic lectures on the following topics
- Localization and thermalization (David Huse, week 1)
- Fluctuating hydrodynamics (Herbert Spohn, week 1)
- Macroscopic fluctuation theory (Giovanni Jona-Lasinio, week 2)
- Exact results in heat conduction (Cedric Bernardin and Stefano Olla, week 2)